Blogs > Lighten Up with Angela

25-year-old Angela Gieling of Perry is working out and making better food choices as part of her drive to get healthy. A full-time Lake Erie College student, she plans to run her first 5K in May.

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Yesterday was a great day. I ate well. I was in a time crunch and hunrgry so I stopped at Heinens and made a delicious salad. If you've never been to their salad bar, its amazing. It has almost anything you'd want on a salad. So I was happy that I stopped and got a healthy salad versus my regular Chipotle or other fast food place.
 
So then I went to bootcamp at the Perry CFC. It was a great class but it got cut short because someone pulled the fire alarm so the building had to be evacuated. So we didn't get to finish our class. But thats okay, because in the short of 35 minutes that I was there, I got my butt kicked. And my knee was feeling the pain. I definately over did some of the moves that I probably shouldn't have. I have to keep reminding myself that I need to get this knee better before I start trying to do things again. But that, in itself, is hard.
 
For dinner, I made a healthy chicken garlic parmesean. The family loves when I make this, its so quick and easy. Had my veggies with that and my meal was complete.
 
But last night was a nightmare sleeping. My knee kept me awake for most of the night. I feel horrible, I had to cancel on fellow contestant, Alisa, who had plans with me to go to the YMCA this morning. Again, Alisa, I'm really sorry for canceling, we'll have to reschedule.
 
So, onto tomorrow in hopes that I can eat better again and maybe get some low to no impact exercise done.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home