Blogs > Lighten Up with Angela

25-year-old Angela Gieling of Perry is working out and making better food choices as part of her drive to get healthy. A full-time Lake Erie College student, she plans to run her first 5K in May.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Theres good news and theres bad news.
 
I met with my orthopedic. Looks like I don't have to have surgery. I do however, have, anterior patella tracking syndrome. It was explained that its a common sydrome where your knee cap unhinges and causes pain, discomfort and swelling. I can't run, can't do the eliptical and can't do any lower extremity exercises. So I'm still trying to find alternatives to lose this weight and not cause anymore damage. But, I  start physical therapy tomorrow. I'm nervous!
 
On the other hand.. Today was my one year anniversery of starting a healthier lifestyle. I quit the soda and started working out. However, its getting boring. I need more motivation to keep going. I feel like this is a never ending process and its never gonna be me thats the winner.
 
This is a very slow process. I just have to tune into the patience factor. Patience is something that I don't have. I need to work on that as well.
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home