Blogs > Lighten Up with Angela

25-year-old Angela Gieling of Perry is working out and making better food choices as part of her drive to get healthy. A full-time Lake Erie College student, she plans to run her first 5K in May.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

So, there it is... my weight and all my personal information was posted on-line and in the newspaper. I have to admit, that was the most intimidating factor about this process. Having people you know, strangers, colleagues and anyone from around the world, looking at the article. Knowing things about you- personal things. It made me think about people that put their lives on television. They're inspiring. They put themselves on the television and bare all. Those on the Biggest Loser stand there in their shorts and a sports bras, vulnerable to the world. While I'm sitting here complaining about the News-Herald taking my picture in my jeans and sweater and posting my weight in the paper.
 
But I have to give credit to my friend and gym buddy Shelly. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be doing this contest. She helped me put this contest in perspective for me. I initially freaked out at the thought of having my weight in the paper and Shelly and I talked about it. She said "Ang, its not like someone can't guess what you weigh. Now its just in print." And she's right. Its not like you can't look at me or the next person and guesstimate what they weigh, what their pants size is or whatever else kinda personal information you're estimating.
 
I have to start somewhere though. With my personal business on-line and in print, that motivates me to be that much better.
 
"You are more important than any number" - Author Unknown

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home