Blogs > Lighten Up with Angela

25-year-old Angela Gieling of Perry is working out and making better food choices as part of her drive to get healthy. A full-time Lake Erie College student, she plans to run her first 5K in May.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

So I decided to invest in a heart rate monitor. It should be here next Tuesday. I'm pretty excited. I heard that it can give you more accurate counts of how many calories you burn per a given time. I'm eager to learn what kind of calories my body burns during my workouts.
 
My fitness pal (the app and website that I use) gives estimates to how many calories certain activities burn. But honestly, I think their estimates are a bit high. So I'll have to be the judge and do my own calculations.
 
On that note, I had a powerful lifting day. I benched 50#, but my personal trainer, CJ, thinks I can do a lot more. So I'm assuming that he's going to be upping the weight in our next session.
 
I've been doing cardio and strength training everyday. I think its important to do both. Don't be a cardio junkie!  :P tongue

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home