Blogs > Lighten Up with Angela

25-year-old Angela Gieling of Perry is working out and making better food choices as part of her drive to get healthy. A full-time Lake Erie College student, she plans to run her first 5K in May.

Sunday, February 19, 2012

I hope I just made a good decision..
 
I was on a website/app called MyFitnessPal. It was by far the best weight loss tool that I've found. I did try SparkPeople for a little bit, but I found that their website was a bit harder to navigate. And at the time, I don't think that they had an app.
 
Anywho.. So I was on MFP for almost a year and I found that I'm a victim to their website and always logging on my phone. I was victim to counting every little thing.
 
Truth is, I think I became obsessed and I felt trapped. I lost 40# last year and I did it with cutting back on greasy foods, eating more vegetables & fruits, and exercising. Those 40# came off without counting every little thing. It came off without spark people and it came off without MFP. And I felt great.
 
So... drum roll please........
 
I deleted  my MFP account and I uninstalled the app from my phone. I don't want to feel trapped anymore. I want to feel free and I want to live my life.
 
So starting tomorrow, I'm going to be plan free and live life. I'm not going to worry about those numbers and I'm going to do what feels right. If things don't happen according to plan (I'll give it an honest month), then I will go back to their plan of counting calories.
 
But I have a goal. Not so much of a weight loss goal, but a size goal. I'd like to go down 2 sizes in the next 7-8 weeks. I want to be smaller for when I go on vacation to Vegas. I want to feel better in the skin that I've got.
 
I can do this. There's nothing stopping me, well, except for me..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home