Blogs > Lighten Up with Angela

25-year-old Angela Gieling of Perry is working out and making better food choices as part of her drive to get healthy. A full-time Lake Erie College student, she plans to run her first 5K in May.

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day Everyone. In all, I had a blast. I witnessed things that amazed me. I rode the Cleveland Rapid (boy was that "scary"). I faced a crowd of like a bazillion people. In all, I had a good time.
 
I also went to Whole Foods and got some goodies. Now I know why people say Whole "paycheck" foods. I only got like 8 things and my tab was over $40. But that's okay. I am progressing very slowly and I'm happy that at least something is happening.
 
Last year, with the help of my trainer, CJ, I managed to lose 51#. I really don't remember those pounds coming off. All I did was cut out fast food, pop and work out. I managed to avoid pizza night and avoid some foods that I knew where bad for me, but other than that, I didn't restrict myself. I didn't count calories and I was happy. I was a fat fighting machine. I need to get back into that groove. I wish I could just snap my fingers and get there, but that isn't happening.
 
I need to be realistic. Feeding my body only the recommended nutritional value isn't going to work. That is going to be another failure because it's not realistic. Like yesterday, who couldn't go without the Corned Beef? Yum!
 
So I'm gonna to plan out my week's meals today and start back the groove. I've gotta map this plan out before it takes me over. I don't wanna be a yo-yo dieter. That's not productive. I already lost 51#. I did gain 11# of that back, so I've gotta get back to where I was and then dominate this. Because this is my life and I only get one shot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home